20% off Lonely Planet titles
Our favourite Lonely Planet titles for Christmas
You love the guidebooks, but what about experiencing the elements of travel you love without having to leave home! Check out some of our favourites, they make awesome Xmas presents. We especially love The World's Best Street Food - there are heaps of yummy recipies gathered from street vendors around the world. Take your pick and order through STA Travel today.
Food Lover’s Guide to the World
When we travel, it’s often love at first bite. The world is your oyster (or hot dog, or gozleme, or camembert…). Food Lover’s Guide to the World presents a lifetime of eating experiences that will lead you from one end of the globe to the other. Take your taste buds on a tour around the world and cook up your next great culinary adventure.
Experience the great global cuisines with Lonely Planet’s Food Lover’s Guide to the World. Across 320 mouth-watering pages, this deluxe full-colour hardback combines Lonely Planet’s travel authority with a subject dear to travellers’ hearts – food.
- Contributions from celebrity food-lovers, including Fergus Henderson, Mark Hix, Dan Hunter,Tessa Kiros, Atul Kochhar, Eric Ripert and Ruth Rogers.
- Best places to find local dishes in cities great & small.
- Cultural tips and how-to-eat etiquette.
- More than 50 authentic recipes to prepare at home
STA Travel price: $47.99
The World’s Best Street Food
The street is where you’ll find the heart of a cuisine and its culture – somewhere among the taco carts and noodle stalls, the scent of wood fires and the hubbub of fellow diners. Bring the world’s greatest street foods to your home with compendium of classic recipes. This one is an STA Travel favourite!
- 100 authentic recipes with simple, clear instructions for perfect preparation
- Glossary of exotic ingredients with easy-to-find alternatives
- Evocative profiles of each dish to show you where to find the best examples when you’re on the road
- Written by food lovers from around the world with an introduction by Tom Parker Bowles
STA Travel price: $32.00
Cooks, Clowns and Cowboys: 101 Skills and Experiences to Discover on your Travels
You know the question’s coming: What did you do on your holiday? Master the experiences in Cooks, Clowns and Cowboys and you can reply:
I created a perfume in France.
I danced the flamenco in Seville.
I mixed the perfect martini in New York.
I earned my cosmonaut stripes in Russia.
I rode with cowboys in Argentina.
Saddle up for a new you and come back from your travels with more than just a suntan!
STA Travel price: $27.99