How to be a responsible traveller
- Offset the carbon emissions of your flight
- Pack small quantities of natural, non-toxic toiletries, cosmetics, laundry and soap as they can be difficult to find or expensive.
- Unplug your computer, television, microwave etc. All these items draw power even when switched off, be sure to unplug them before you leave.
- Take a re-usable shopping bag.
AS YOU TRAVEL
- When visiting protected areas learn and follow all regulations. Remember the fees you pay to use these areas support local efforts to conserve them.
- Turn off your air conditioner or set it a few degrees higher when you're away from your room.
- Request fresh, local, organic or sustainably harvested ingredients.
- Don't buy souvenirs made from endangered or protected species.
- Take public transportation, walk or bike instead of driving.
- Carry a re-usable water bottle.
AFTER YOU TRAVEL
- Send any promised photos and cards to the people who hosted you.
- Share stories of your trip and how you incorporated sustainability into it, you experiences will inspire others to do the same.
- Return to your favourite places on one of our volunteering or voluntouring projects.