Work Canada Job Fair
Applications for the 2013/2014 Work Canada Job Fair are now closed. Keep your eye out in early 2014 for next season's programme.
Get a job in Canada before you go on your working holiday!
What's it about?
If you thought that you couldn't afford to spend a whole season knee deep in fresh Canadian powder think again! The Work Canada Job Fair is your best chance to lock in the best jobs on the mountain and meet your new Canadian boss face to face in New Zealand. The employers available to meet at the Job Fair are some of the best Canadian ski and mountain resorts and include job opportunities like ski/snowboard instructors, activities staff, retail assistants, front office agents, dish washers, wait staff, lift attendants and snow makers to name a few!
What does it include?
- Access to hundreds of resort jobs at one of the following resorts:
• Big White, British Columbia *New for 2013*
• Silver Star, British Columbia *New for 2013* - ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT!
• Panorama Mountain, British Columbia
• Asessippi Resort, Manitoba
• Sunshine Village Ski Resort, Banff, Alberta - SOLD OUT!
• Marmot Basin, Alberta
• Vista Ridge All Seasons Park, Alberta
- Face-to-face interviews with two different employers (for multiple jobs) before you leave in NZ
- Staff housing with some jobs
- Lots of awesome perks from your employer, for example free or heavily discounted ski passes, free meals, discounts on shop purchases
- Plus, no job offer on the day means a FULL REFUND!
Before you go:
- Visa support and assistance
- Work Canada Handbook full of lots of vital information to ensure your OE is a success - covering topics such as preparing for a year living overseas, finding employment, travel advice, taxes, arranging short and long-term accommodation, useful websites/newspapers and much more
- Pre-departure support includes assistance in booking flights and insurance
- General advice including budgeting
- International phone card with 5 minutes airtime plus a free credit bonus on top-up
- Prepaid transport card from the airport into the city
- Optional group flights and access to discounted airfares
- Lonely Planet Canada Guide
- 15% off snow and ski gear at Snow Centre
When you arrive:
- Two nights accommodation at a hostel including breakfast
- Fully comprehensive arrival orientation, in Vancouver or Toronto, with advice on CV formatting, employment and tax laws, mobile providers, tips on how to find employment and accommodation and more
- Unlimited access to support centre resources including computers, internet, printers, phone and fax machines for the full duration of the programme
- Full support and guidance for the whole duration of the programme, including access to two support centres in Vancouver and Toronto
- Access to exclusive listings of jobs and employment contacts
- Assistance in opening a Canadian bank account and obtaining at Social Insurance Number
- Bank account assistance to help you open one quickly and easily upon arrival
- Access to social events and functions - meeting friends has never been so easy!
- Mail-holding and re-direction service
- Emergency contact if something goes wrong
Am I eligible?
To attend the Job Fair you need to meet the Canadian work visa requirements, which are that you must:
- Hold a New Zealand passport which is valid for at least two years from date of application
- Not have activated a Letter of Introduction for a previous NZWHP from the Canadian High Commission
- Be aged between 18-35 years inclusive at time of application
- Have no criminal convictions (minor offences may be admissible) and must submit a criminal record form at time of visa application
- Have no serious medical conditions
- Have no accompanying dependants
- Be able to provide evidence on arrival in Canada of access to CAD$$2,500 to show sufficient funds to support yourself
- Be able to provide evidence of 12 months travel/medical insurance upon arrival
- Be able to stay in Canada and commit to employment for a minimum of five months (most employers require a commitment this long)
What does it cost?
(your visa application fee is a separate cost of approximately CAD$150)
Get your Canada working holiday sorted!
Call on 0800 474 400