Positions for 2015 Adventure UK Camps are now open! Call us or visit one of our friendly STA Travel experts in store for details.
What will I be doing?
You will get a minimum 6 week placement in a UK Adventure Camp as an Activity Supervisor for kids aged 6-16 years old. You’ll teach and supervise kids in a range of activities, like abseiling, kayaking, archery, dance, drama and more, plus making awesome friendships with the other Supervisors.
You’ll get full training and receive a salary plus discounted food and accommodation. And, better yet, a job offer is guaranteed or your money back.
Once you finish up at camp, you are free to live and work in the UK for the remainder of your working holiday visa.
- Job sorted before you leave New Zealand
- UK Visa Assistance whether through the Youth Mobility Scheme (2 years) or Ancestry (5 years)
- Work Britain handbook full of invaluable advice
- Pre-departure guide to jobs in the UK, including pay rates
- General advice including budgeting
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Phone card - no excuse not to call home!
- Online Facebook forum to chat to other participants on Work Britain or Adventure UK
- Three nights accommodation in London, including breakfast
- Oyster travel card preloaded with £10 to get you from the airport to your hostel
- Train transfer to your training centre
- Fully comprehensive arrival orientation to introduce you to the UK
- UK simcard of your choice - you will even know your number before you leave NZ
- Your choice of bank account with assistance to help you open one quickly and easily
- Fee free money transfer from your bank account in NZ to the UK
- Assistance arranging a National Insurance number
- Access to exclusive listings of jobs, CV assistance and employment contacts (for use after your Adventure UK job)
- Weekly job seminar
- Access to local resources at a support office in London including wifi and access to printing and computer facilities
- Accommodation advice and assistance, including a forum to meet people to share flats or houses with
- Amazing social events where you can meet like-minded travellers
- A pub lunch - UK style!
- A Monopoly themed pub crawl
- 1x week gym membership
- Entry to the well known 'Church' Bar
- 24/7 emergency contact if something goes wrong
Am I eligible?
- Be aged between 18-30 years
- Be available to leave for the UK in late June and prepared to commit to work for Klub Group Adventure for at least 10 weeks
- Bave experience working with children
- Be able to live within Klub Group Adventure rules, such as curfews and limitations on alcohol consumption and smoking
To participate in the Adventure UK program you must be legally able to work in the UK. You can do this through one of three ways: by obtaining a Youth Mobility Visa, UK Ancestry Visa or by being a British or European Union passport holder.
What does it cost?
Adventure UK program deposit fee: $395
Acceptance fee: $400 (payable once you are placed)
Youth Mobility visa fee: $398
Ancestry visa fee: $554
Visa fees are subject to change with fluctuations in the exchange rate
2012 wages (June to August):
18-20 years: £1,035.84 per month with £98 per week charge for food and accommodation
21+ years: £1,264.64 per month with £98 per week charge for food and accommodation
Other costs to consider:
- Flights and travel insurance
- At least £1800 ($4000) proof of funds for when you apply for the visa
All prices are subject to change without notice. Speak with an STA Travel expert for a Adventure UK quote today by calling 0800 474 400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org